Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian Levente jugend knife!

Article about: Hello everyone my father in law lived in hungary in the early 1960 his father bought this knife on a market around that time and give it to him as a present our biggest guess about this dagg

Question Hungarian Levente jugend knife!

Hello everyone

my father in law lived in hungary in the early 1960 his father bought this knife on a market around that time and give it to him as a present
    our biggest guess about this dagger is that it is from the levente jugend there.
    but we are nog totally sure!
    maybe somebody on the forum knows what it is or has seen 1 in there lifetime!
    please if you have any info! we would be very greatful!

with kind regards Raymond and Zsigmond

?

Even though a lot of fake stuff is for sale in Hungary since the 1990's. I doubt that in the 60's militaria was for sale in large volumes. Hungarians discarted most reminders of the war due to the Stalinist Rakoczi regime. Having fascist goodies would get you one-way trip to Recsk contration camp.

I agree a fake, mainly because the grip rivets don't match and one rivet have cracked the grip when been fitted, probably when the diamond badge was being fitted. This knife has some age but I don't believe it was HJ, more likely a 1950's Scout knife made in Germany.

?

personally i would tend to opinion the knife is old, because of steel handle and serialing to 38, which would confirm a organisation inventory. Hard to believe by private purchase someone would add a 38 serialing? The 38 could be too a date teoretically or maker code? I dont known that swastika was used there by Levente? possible the emblem was added by someone and cracked grips by this.
    Levente (organization) - Wikipedia

Hi!

IMO a real HJ Knife with a replaced diamond, not the real Levente deal

Regards

Nacho

Wow thank you guys very much for all the information!
    The only thing wat bothers me is why somebody replaced the swastika with another swastika. Haha

And of course why did that person used a sunwheel swastika.

We even contacted Mr Thomas Wittman
    Mail is down here.

Dear Mr. Lakeman,

Thanks for the email and the pictures of the Hitler Youth Knife. Yes, this piece
    appears original and must have come from the Hitler Youth in Hungary. Would
    be a very rare piece. First time that I have seen one of these.

Best,

Thomas T. Wittmann

First time he's seen one, but misses the obvious signs of grip tampering. My advice would be to sell it to Tom.

Haha great advice!
    We don't want to sell it. It was his favorite knife when he was younger. Even if its reeel or fake or messed with the emotional worth is a lot more than money can offer.

We just want answers why somebody messed with it or that its reeel youth Hungarian haha

But al your opinions really help us understand more about the dagger!

?

First You should ask a hungarian historians or collectors, i dont believe Wittman is expert on middle Europe countries, when i remember correctly Szalasi fascist didnt use a swastika emblems, so its strange when there is a link of Levente and they use a fascist symbol too, as copied the italian fascist more like german ones , the Szalasi movement
    Arrow Cross Party - Wikipedia
    Anyway the link to magyar youth organisation is correct, same as i would expect a green/white/red colors there. There is magyar doubble cross with letter L for Levente inside.
    Secondly as i live here about 100km from hungarian border, and for 35 years of collecting i never saw a similar swastika on hungarian or austrian markets, so as i known how many they faked items from hungarian army and flying daggers (majority are fakes) i would doubt that not so many would be hungarian Youth organisation faked?, more real is a dutch, belgian, or similar countries area youth piece, when not emblem replaced.
    But maybe i am not correct.