Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII

Article about: Here is one more... Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII Carried by the fascist youth movement G.I.L. (Gioventù Italiana del Littorio) Italy's equivalent of the Hitler Youth.

?

Default Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII

Here is one more...

Carried by the fascist youth movement G.I.L. (Gioventù Italiana del Littorio)
    Italy's equivalent of the Hitler Youth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII   Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII  

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Not my field of expertise, but thanks for showing. Never seen one before, despite a few decades of collecting bayonets. The scabbard reminds me of Italian Carcano bayonets. It looks a lot meaner than HJ knives. Maybe Reibert will chime in, he’s more expert on fighting knives than I am.

?

I don't collect edged weapons, the construction of this piece is very low quality, even for Italians who produced Stiletto's since the 15th century, off center screws with a washer (?) and an unfinished / un-sanded handle below the handguard, JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII   Italiensk G.I.L. Youth Dagger WWII  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I don't collect edged weapons, the construction of this piece is very low quality, even for Italians who produced Stiletto's since the 15th century, off center screws with a washer (?) and an unfinished / un-sanded handle below the handguard, JMO
    I collect a lot of different things when it comes to edged weapons and firearms... For me, this is an interesting historical piece but thank you for your input!!

?

Here’s one in a far lesser state on offer for about €275. WW2 Italian GIL knife | Armyzdar You can find more examples, which I presume are original, on internet showing the same “sloppy” manufacturing standard.

Hi Kilian ....I know you are new to this website ....but it is preferred for the Community and the Administration that you do not post links from an outside source that those links will become useless once that knife is sold.....please upload the photos to this thread so that it will be supportive for those who also may come across this type of knife in the future and have something to refer back to.

Do this for the community please .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry, I appreciate your comment and will refrain from posting outside links per your request. There’s too many pictures in that link for clumsy me. Somehow I only manage to upload one picture at a time in this forum. Maybe there’s a trick I’ve not found, but it makes posting pictures very time consuming. And I don’t want to run into copyright issues as those pictures are not mine.

Hi Kilian ...just upload 3 or 4 basic photos : Front back of the grip and blade. Thats all that is needed in this type of Knife which does not have alot of detail.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, it does seem this manufacturer was consistent with less than perfect quality traits, this example is from the above website that was mentioned without photographs.. I did find another maker that produced these in high quality (G Fugini)

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast