MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Arisaka bayonet maker

Article about: Can anyone possibly identify the maker of this Arisaka bayonet I have in my collection. Thanks in advance.

?

Default Japanese Arisaka bayonet maker

Can anyone possibly identify the maker of this Arisaka bayonet I have in my collection.
    Thanks in advance.

?

R.LaBar book speaks about Aisan Kogyo Arsenal, or known as Nagoya triangle. Made only 2 version, this is A type with blank blade, estimated production is around 350000 pcs.

?

Ok thanks AndyB.

Also looks to be a bayonet used on training rifles. I’ve read that those had polished blades with a more dull edge while blades intended for combat were finished with a dark, almost black bluing, and had a sharpened edge.

IMHO it is a arsenal issued standard bayonet and not a trainer. Bayonets from this unknown maker came if both bright and blued. Most training bayonets are not arsenal marked.
    John

Actually, the maker of all "Triangle" marked bayonets is Riken Kozai. Most have bright blades, only the very last ones or later reworked examples have blued blades.
    I would be interested in seeing the pommel markings of your bayonet, or at least its serial number. Thanks in advance.

L

?

Pic of pommel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Arisaka bayonet maker  

?

42 series and serial number , R.Labar reports blued ones on higher number. On older pages it was the maker designated as unknown. Probably R.Labar made there error about the maker.