Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet (Test Type 1)

Article about: Another Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet out of the Wood Work Today.. (Test Type 1)

Default Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet (Test Type 1)

Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet  (Test Type 1)Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet  (Test Type 1)Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet  (Test Type 1)Another Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet out of the Wood Work Today.. (Test Type 1)
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Default Re: Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet (Test Type 1)

Wow, very cool Bill!

?

Were these always marked on the handle only, or were some also marked on the blade like the normal bayonets?

?

Nice bayo

Quote by dramos View Post
    Were these always marked on the handle only, or were some also marked on the blade like the normal bayonets?
    Doug, They were always marked on the handle, and only one maker, very small quantity manufactured....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

That is in very nice condition!
    Thank you Sir for sharing your knowledge on these.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Greetings Bill,

Nice Bayo, here are my two short Japanese Bayonets. A Type 100 Test Type 1 & a Type 100 Special Purpose Test Type 1. To the general public, no need to e-mail me they are NFS.

Regards,

Lance

Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet  (Test Type 1)

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Greetings Bill,

Nice Bayo, here are my two short Japanese Bayonets. A Type 100 Test Type 1 & a Type 100 Special Purpose Test Type 1. To the general public, no need to e-mail me they are NFS.

Regards,

Lance

Japanese Paratrooper Bayonet  (Test Type 1)
    Lance Very nice Japanese Bayonets....BILL

?

Thanks Lance, I never even seen the lower one in the pic and if I did I would have thought that a Bubba got a hold of a arisaka bayonet and butchered it.
    Thank you to both of you Gents for sharing these pic's!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Greetings Phil,

You are not too far off about the butchering part. The Japanese themselves, “butchered” perfectly good Type 100 Test Type 1 bayonets to make the Type 100 Special Purpose Test Type 1 Bayonets. Technically, ”arsenal modified” would be better than, “butchered”. That’s what makes the special purpose bayos rarer, they were modified from an already rare bayonet to begin with.

Regards,

Lance