Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KM87 survival-knife

Article about: Hi ! There: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayone...a-km87-195979/ I showed the NVA "Kampfmesser 87" Today I received a post GDR made survival knife. KM87 Survival Knife - AK Bayone

Hi,
    I bought this M87 Survival Knife / Überlebensmesser from an online auction house/auction site.

It's still on the way to me but I can use the pictures from the auction.
    Of course, I first obtained permission from the seller to use his pictures publicly!

Compared to the Kampfmesser 87, the M87 survival knife is really, really, rare to find!
    NVA Kampfmesser 87

According to my research, 2543 copies of the Kampfmesser 87 / KM87 were manufactured (Gerätenummer 656 to 3199).

On the other hand, there are only 248 pieces of the M87 survival knife !!!

Including various M87s that have been lost and/or destroyed over many years of use as camping knives/survival knives.
    It is also impossible to verify how many copies were broken during tests in the Bundeswehr! ...

In any case, the M87 survival knife is nowadays a very sought-after knife among edged weapon collectors in the area of collecting the Warsaw Treaty / "Warsaw Pact" and NVA of the former GDR.

KM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knifeKM87 survival-knife

Hello,

According to the Mühlhausen city archives, 2543 KM 87 (from No. 0656 to 3199) copies were assembled in the VEB Jagd- und Schneid Waffen Mühlhausen. In total, at least 3199 copies were produced. The numbers 0001 to 0655 were assembled elsewhere.

But yes, this civilian adaptation of the KM87 was sold in smaller quantities on the civilian market.

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    But yes, this civilian adaptation of the KM87 was sold in smaller quantities on the civilian market.

Regards
    According to the book by Eugen von Halász "Deutsche Kampfmesser II" page 183 (inventory number 427), only 248 pieces of survival knives could be delivered in Suhl, which makes this knife expensive and desirable for collectors today.

Inside the handle is the same GR3 plastic ampoule with various “survival accessories” as in the Kampfmesser 87.

Those are interesting knives. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2