Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kukri Knife markings

Article about: I have just picked up a Kukri knife , its broad arrow marked ,and ?? 64 , maybe FF . I'll try posting some photos in the next couple days . Just thought someone might know . Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

Default Kukri Knife markings

I have just picked up a Kukri knife , its broad arrow marked ,and ?? 64 , maybe FF . I'll try posting some photos in the next couple days . Just thought someone might know .
    Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Kukri Knife markings

Thanks for the information Didier , Looks to be a Mark III , but still can't find a similar marking . Would MarkIII 's be made in 1964 ? Or is it a factory number or something ? Also is there anywhere to purchase a replacement sheath ?
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kukri Knife markings   Kukri Knife markings  

CBH
    ?

Has anyone seen these marking before ? I'd like to know if it's WWII or not , and some idea of value . If it's not WWII , I might use it in the woods . But if it's valuable I'll keep it safe .
    Cheers Chris

sirupate
    ?

It is probably a post WW2 Indian Army Issue kukri, potentialy to one of their Gorkha regiments, cheers Simon

CBH
    ?

I agree , I've found one with similar marks on a Kukri site . And they said the same thing "Indian issue" . Thanks for the reply , and welcome to site Simon .
    Cheers Chris

bestkukriknife
    ?

Kukri knife is a kind knife that is widely used in Nepal and other South Asian countries, those are neighbor of Nepal. History says that kukri knife is originated or invented in Nepal. There are some other opinions too. But vast quantity of using of kukri knife in Nepal declares that it is traditionally their cutting tool. The Nepalese people widely use it in their regular tasks. While roaming in the hills and forests in search of food, they use kukri knife for cutting wooden brunches of the trees. It is very useful in case of dangers too. Nepalese people use it for fighting against snakes and ferocious animals like tiger, bear, wolf etc. In occasions like wedding and many other traditional rituals a program with kukri is a must. Because of being traditionally used in their regular life now kukri knife becomes the weapon of Nepalese Army. The Gurkha regiments of Royal British Army use it as their regular weapon. Gurkha regiments become famous through the world and this knife got its fame by holding their hand. This traditional knife got some other names all over the world such as Gurkha blade’, Gurkha knife etc.

Best Kukri Knife For You