Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

Article about: I picked up a nice piece of Dutch manufacturing for their military forces. The KCB-70, (Knife-Cutter-Bayonet 1970) was made by Nederlandse Wapen- en Munitie Fabriek (NVM) below the Eickhorn

Some more images of the KCB70M1 showing the manufacturer's logo of Eickhorn and NWM (Nederlandsche Wapen-en Munitiefabriek De Kruithoorn N.V.).

This bayonet is also known as the NWM KCB-70M1

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-14-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Great examples, information and pics. Thank you.
    John

Yes, some excellent additions to the thread. Always like these, Eickhorn's last chance. Five years later they were bankrupt.

?

I acquired this Eickhorn NWM marked KCB 70 M1 some years ago. It has had a tough life. The blade is a bit worn and the pommel went AWOL.

I decided to dismantle the grip for the benefit of science.

Lessons learned:

Unlike claims on various internet sites the plastic material is not brittle at all. The so called cracks one can observe are not cracks but, in my view, the result of a not optimal injection moulding process. They probably had a problem with the flow of material in the mould. The material itself is extremely tough and I needed a hammer, a saw, a chisel and a lot of force to break the grip into pieces.

Do not attempt to unscrew the plastic screw in the grip, as it will break. In my view the plastic screw was used as an assembly aid, to hold the grip into place on the tang, after which the whole grip probably underwent an ultrasonic welding process fixing the grip (and the screw) to the tang.

The cross piece is attached to the blade by a roll pin, hidden under the grip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet   Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet  

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet   Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet  

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet   Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet  

Last edited by Kilian; 05-16-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Hi, Kilian,
    long time no see !

Nice to meet you here !
    Welcome !

Roland

There:
    KCB bayonet/fighting knife...
    for comparison, a KCB 77 M1 0

Bayonets of the KCB70 and KCB77 family were manufactured for the military as well as for the commercial, "civilian", market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2