Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify this bayonet - Mauser

Article about: Hey guys, would appreciate some help in identifying this bayonet. I need to get a set of grip screws for it. Any suggestions on where to get them? In one of the pics, you can see, I tried to

A34
    ?

Default Please help identify this bayonet - Mauser

Hey guys, would appreciate some help in identifying this bayonet. I need to get a set of grip screws for it. Any suggestions on where to get them? In one of the pics, you can see, I tried to use a K98 grip screw set and the nut is slightly larger than the opening.

I think it might be a Spanish Mauser bayonet, but not sure. Someone suggested maybe it's a FN M1924. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Please help identify this bayonet - MauserPlease help identify this bayonet - MauserPlease help identify this bayonet - MauserPlease help identify this bayonet - MauserPlease help identify this bayonet - MauserPlease help identify this bayonet - Mauser

I'm thinking Brazilian M1924.

?

Its spanish bayonet some sources call it M1936, but it could be ringed version of M43, question is now its german production for Spain or made already there in Spain?, the scabbard is clearly german production. When 25cm blade so its not brazilian. Question is it was made for parade by chrome plating and nickeling? the grips are replacements with screw typical for early spanish refurbishments. U stamp on crossguard could be found on repaired M41 bolo spanish bayonets.

A34
    ?

Thanks Andyb, so are the grip screws the same for M1936, M43 and M41? Any idea where to get a set?

?

Probably not M36 were delivered with german screws, this looks like refurbishment screw typical to see on various spanish models starting M93, long M93/13, and M41 bolo.

Hello,

That would have to be a bayonet for the 1944 spanish air force rifle.

A production of Fabrica Nacional in Toledo (FNT).

Typical for this is the U on the guard and the number on the ricasso. On the other ricasso, the FNT logo should be under a crown.

Similar pieces were also imported from Germany in 1936.

Regards