Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

questions about STEN bayonet

Article about: Its a repro, exactly the same as mine. The markings are the same and the hole in the end of the blade (Visible in the last photo) is a give away. B96 British STEN Gun Spike Bayonet - 03-Bayo

Default Re: questions about STEN bayonet

Its a repro, exactly the same as mine. The markings are the same and the hole in the end of the blade (Visible in the last photo) is a give away.

B96 British STEN Gun Spike Bayonet - 03-Bayonets

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Its a repro, exactly the same as mine. The markings are the same and the hole in the end of the blade (Visible in the last photo) is a give away.
    It probably is a repro, although it doesn't actually have any markings.

Rob

Agh, I miss interpreted the OP message, I thought he was saying it had the markings. I was told (When I made enquiries) that an original dosn't have the hole in the end of the spike whereas all known copies did, and this one has the hole.

?

Hello Gentlemen
    thanks for your explanations
    I think that I'll never have a chance to see a real bayonet one day
    thanks again
    cordially
    Didier

Quote by bichon View Post
    Hello Gentlemen
    thanks for your explanations
    I think that I'll never have a chance to see a real bayonet one day
    thanks again
    cordially
    Didier
    An old thread that I just happened upon.

I have one of the fakes that I bought from Worldwide Arms at the Dortmund Waffenborse (that should tell you how long ago!), I knew it was a fake as they are as rare as chickens teeth but I actually had to say to the bloke from WWA "this is a fake right?" to which he grudgingly agreed.
    Anyway I bought it as such just for display pupose.

The only one I can assume to be real was one I saw in the Airborne Forces Museum at Oosterbeek near Arnhem.
    They had it labelled as a "prototype Enfield bayonet". I did point out the error to the staff but they didn't seem interested and maybe thought I was just another smart arse tourist so maybe it is still marked as such

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2