Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Some bayonets from an old house

Article about: My brother was asked to help clean out an old house and get rid of the junk in it so it would be ready to sell. A lot of the "junk" is militaria, and he asked me if I could identif

Default Some bayonets from an old house

My brother was asked to help clean out an old house and get rid of the junk in it so it would be ready to sell. A lot of the "junk" is militaria, and he asked me if I could identify some of it. I could identify some, but there is a lot that I cannot. Sorry for the quality of the photos, this is what he texted to me and all we have now. I can ask for more detailed photos if needed to make a positive identification. Thanks in advance for any help in identifying these items.Some bayonets from an old houseSome bayonets from an old houseSome bayonets from an old houseSome bayonets from an old house
    Last edited by Richard2; 07-14-2021 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add photo

An interesting selection of bayonets. I'll comment the best I can on the ones I recognize.

The one in the green plastic scabbard is for the Spanish CETME model C. The one positioned to the right of it in the last photo is for the Swiss STG 57. The two on the far left side of the last photo I believe are Turkish Mauser bayonets. The two with metal grips are also Turksih but are for the FAL. They are in the so called 'Ersatz' style.

The longest bayonet is Russian Winchester m/1895 bayonet. Most valuable of the lot.

The two full-metal handle are Turkish modified Ersatz bayonets.

Hello,

Swiss M1957

Spanish CETME Model C

Czech Vz 24

Sowjet AK Bayonet (second Modell)

FN FAL Type C

Winchester M 1895

2x Turkey G1/FN FAL Bayonet (from a German auxiliary bayonet adapted from the 1950s to 1960s)

2x Turkey M1935 Bayonet

Regards

Thanks very much Luftwaffe1941, Verikauha, and Sleepwalker! The owner of the house told bro to sell anything of value and they would split the money. Now we have the information needed to find the value of these. Thanks again!

?

Some items are relative new so not so old house? or owner buyed it only few decades ago, the AK47 is most real bulgarian, the CS Vz.24 probably a romanian import. I assume M1895 Winchester never went to Russia.

?

Very neat group. You might consider cleaning these up with some fine steel wool and some WD40.

Tom

Andy, The house is old by Florida standards, but probably not by European standards. The house was occupied as late as last year, so the things in the house are newer.

Tom, thanks for the advice, I will pass it on to brother.

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Very neat group. You might consider cleaning these up with some fine steel wool and some WD40.

Tom
    I would not, but, everyone has their own methods.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

PRE
    ?

I agree with rbminis, steel wool of any type is too abrasive for something like that. Wiping them down with an oiled rag is much more appropriate.