Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"Sudan-bayonet"

Article about: Here some pic´s of the Armalite AR10-bayonet, made for the Sudan:

?

Already larger conversation about this was done in BCN forum, which is already only on FB, the step on pommel is untypical and should be inspected it was done by firm or later in any workshop?, who have it should be examined it, evidently the bayonets are in major cases in unused or only minor used condition Question remains it would look so when used in Sudan?, i assume all have a brown paint on bakelite surface, the only one here with red color 1146, has probably completely removed the brown paint.
    Interestingly is the Vocelka piece as i have reported a 2837 with older long pommel but other here presented 2831 and 2835 pcs have the bayonet slot shortened, since 2500 could be found both versions long and short stepped pommel?? The long pommel highest nr is 2837, the earliest stepped pommel is reported 2507 and highest 2997. Is possible the stepped pommel could be for different version of AR10 teoretically?

?

Hi everyone,

Back to the subject, all the different shown bayonets have an ID ?
    What about the case of an this model without any ID (serial) at all ? It has the maker's markings, same construction (so not a replica at all).

Any idea / comment welcome.

Best regards

?

To illustrate my question, some pictures

"Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet"

Regards

?

Nice one, not delivered or numbered one, any pictures of pommel? Brown paint is untouched on surface, so never used probably.

?

No number anywhere. I'll try to make some other pictures.
    Thanks for your comment Andy

Hello, interesting weapon.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Somme additional pictures (the one without any stamped Id)

"Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet"

Regards

?

Yeah, thanks for adding details, looks like unserialed undelivered item, not changed on spine of handle. The brown surface coat is excellent not damaged anywhere.

?

Thanks Andy for the confirmation.

An auction for a "Sudan" bayonet is currently underway in a German online auction house.
    The auction doesn't end until March 5th and the bayonet currently costs 537.00 Euros
    I'm curious to see how people in Germany currently estimate the price for such a model! ...

After consulting with the owner, I received permission from her to publish the pictures of the bayonet with the serial number 1714 here.
    The bayonet is equipped with a leaf spring catch.
    The coil spring lock is also known for this bayonet.

"Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet""Sudan-bayonet"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast