Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SVT-40 Tokarev bayonet

Article about: Hi, referring to this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...okarev+bayonet which I found today, I would like to create this thread here. I bought this Soviet-Russian SVT-40 First Pa

Default SVT-40 Tokarev bayonet

Hi,

referring to this thread:
    SVT-40 Bayonet
    which I found today, I would like to create this thread here.

I bought this Soviet-Russian SVT-40 First Pattern Bayonet a few days ago.
    Unfortunately, the bayonet and scabbard have been cleaned and heavily polished, but, anyway, this is still a relatively rare bayonet, even in this poor condition.

Fortunately, the leather of the carrying device (belt loop) is still undamaged.

Such bayonets for the Soviet self-loading rifle Tokarev SVT-40 / Винтовка СВТ - 40 (7.62 mm self-loading rifle Токарева обр. 1940 года) were captured in large numbers by the Wehrmacht and used against the Russians themselves, as was the bayonet that went with it.

In my opinion it is very possible that this bayonet shown here could be a war booty belonging to a member of the Wehrmacht.

Based on the stamps, this bayonet I am showing should have been made in Izhevsk.

Blade length: 244mm
    Handle length: 118mm
    Total length: 362mm
    Blade width: 24.8mm
    Blade thickness: 5mm
    MRD: 13.8mm

SVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonet

I would be interested in your opinions on the stamps, which I tried to photograph reasonably well and accurately, as well as on the interpretation and "deciphering".
    Thanks in advance !

SVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonet

Pictures of the SVT40 bayonet which the seller provided to me and which I can use.

SVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonetSVT-40 Tokarev bayonet

Bayonets of Russia

Nice bayonet, even if it is polished it doesn't appear to be 'Polished'! You are correct on it being Izhevsk (Triangle with arrow stamp). The Diamond with numbers is one of Izhevsk factories quality control proof stamps I believe. I've always wanted one of these but every time I go to a flea market the only Russian bayonets i find always seem to one be sold by one guy with a Mosin bayonet with the same line "Russian bayo heard it was used in Werld warh teu! Askin' one fitty fer that!". Thanks for sharing it!