Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss M1914 Pioneer Bayonet

Article about: I picked up a good condition Swiss bayonet and hopefully good future reference. This is for the Schmidt Rubin Models 1911 and K31 rifles. I have seen this referred to as a M1911 Pioneer as w

Default Swiss M1914 Pioneer Bayonet

I picked up a good condition Swiss bayonet and hopefully good future reference. This is for the Schmidt Rubin Models 1911 and K31 rifles. I have seen this referred to as a M1911 Pioneer as well as a M1914 Pioneer. I am assuming some of the older reference books are not correct in naming it as a M1911. The fuller on only one side of the blade is a distinguishing factor for ID and unique. I understand this bayonet came in an earlier leather scabbard and later steel scabbard. It is interesting they have the Swiss symbol on the ball of the scabbard similar to Third Reich markings on German scabbards. I would I saw fewer HS marked bayonet when looking out of the 4 makers. I am also a bit confused on the frog for this. I have seen examples of scabbards with a short leather tab riveted on the scabbard loop; not sure what purpose this served. The also have a standard leather frog and I am looking for one of those now. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
    John

Swiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer BayonetSwiss M1914 Pioneer Bayonet

?

Very nice! Great looking bayonet.

Tom

Rather interesting bayonet. The scabbard would attach to the frog with a strap and buckle I would think. Similar to French style.

The frog was similar, but a different size then the frogs for the M1918. They're still out there, but take a little more searching.

MAP
    ?

Nice piece and great photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Swiss engineer is a very under appreciated saw tooth bayonet and a great addition to a bayonet collection...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thank you for the information and comments. Much appreciated.
    John

Nice bayonet.
    This was one of the very first bayonets I ever bought. I fouund it when
    I was 14 years old and I still have it today.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

The bayonet was destined mostly for Karbines K11 or K31 by this number mostly for earlier production, the scabbard was repaired when looking at the frog ramp area. Only minor numbers were used with leather scabbard, they were destined for M1906 pioneer bayonet. HS is a early undated marking for this maker. b.r.Andy