Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

unknown saber

Article about: Could someone please identify this saber? My neighbor gave this to me but I have no idea on age or origin. Only marking I can find is T. CRAV ?? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian

Default unknown saber

unknown saber unknown saberunknown saberunknown saberunknown saberunknown saber
    Could someone please identify this saber? My neighbor gave this to me but I have no idea on age or origin. Only marking I can find is T. CRAV ?? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian

It is an English 1742 Pattern infantry sword (Or similar model) I believe.
    the full marking is 'T. CRAVEN' he is listed as working from about 1777-1802.

I think you got a bloody nice sword from your neighbor!

Here is another sword of similar type for reference.
    ENGLISH 1742 PATTERN INFANTRY SWORD

unknown saber

Mordecai...please no links..once that sword is sold the link you posted will be useless to other members.
    I uploaded one photo for you...please upload the rest seen in that link.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Mordecai...please no links..once that sword is sold the link you posted will be useless to other members.
    I uploaded one photo for you...please upload the rest seen in that link.

Larry
    My mistake Larry, I usually add the picture under the link but it slipped my mind in my haste!
    Thank you for adding the picture.

Thank you so much. I had no idea about it. It is greatly appreciated. Brian