Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

USMC OKC 3S Bayonet

Article about: Hello Might be a bit modern for everyones taste but here is my USMC OKS 3S bayonet. These have been in service only with the US marines since 2003 and replaced the M7. The scabbard is MOLLE

Did Ontario Knife Company / OKC also manufacture the OKCS3 USMC bayonet for the "civilian" market (with different markings on the blade and on the sheath to the "GI issued" bayonet)?

Or were these bayonets also intended for the US armed forces?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

USMC Ka-Bar

OKC-3S bayonet - Wikipedia

?

Ontario being a military supplier as well as a commercial knife company Im sure they always intended to sell these commercially as well as to the USMC as opposed to them being contract surplus. The OKCS3 USMC issue and commercial bayonets are identical as are a lot of current issued bayonets such as the M7, M9 etc. My understanding is that consumers are happy as they are getting the same quality as an issued example and the service is happy as if a member looses their bayonet and decides to buy the commercial replacement instead of fessing up they are still using an item that isn't a cheaper copy.

The dimensions correspond to the "original" OKC3S

Marking(s) on the blade (writing towards the tip of the blade):

Left side (inside):
    OKC 3S
    COMBAT

Right side (outside):
    Ontario Knife
    USA

The "GI issued" OKC3S only differs from the "unissued" OKC3S in the stampings on the blade and sheath.

In the www. you can find statements from former Marines who also used the OKC3S that I showed here today.

It would be really interesting to know whether ONTARIO KNIFE COMPANY didn't also deliver the knife directly to the USMC with this blade stamp that I last showed here!

USMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S Bayonet

USMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S Bayonet

Lettering on the left side of the handle:
    the EGA logo (Eagle, Globe, and Anchor)
    Lettering on the right side of the handle:
    USMC (United States Marine Corps)

On the underside of the sheath the writing:
    U.S. PAT. NOS. D476,394 & D498,285
    as well as:
    FOREIGN PATS. ISSUED AND OR PENDING

On the sides of the scabbard the writing:
    ONTARIO KNIFE COMPANY U.S.A.
    and
    ONTARIOKNIFE.COM

?

You learn something new everyday - I haven't researched these since I got mine in 2016. Could potentially be updated moulds for both civilian and military?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    You learn something new everyday - I haven't researched these since I got mine in 2016. Could potentially be updated moulds for both civilian and military?
    I compared this UKCS3 with my other two with different stamps and markings and the three bayonets do not differ in the slightest in terms of dimensions or quality of workmanship.

I also think that military use of this version for the Marines could definitely be considered.

?

I have only one and here it is...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC OKC 3S Bayonet   USMC OKC 3S Bayonet  

USMC OKC 3S Bayonet   USMC OKC 3S Bayonet  

USMC OKC 3S Bayonet   USMC OKC 3S Bayonet  

USMC OKC 3S Bayonet  

Thx. for showin´!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2