Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 german bayonet

Article about: Hi everyone, me again. Once again, I'm new to the game so not 100 percent on anything. This was apparently found in the somme area and was bought by a collector in France. The blade is pitte

?

Default Ww1 german bayonet

Hi everyone, me again.

Once again, I'm new to the game so not 100 percent on anything. This was apparently found in the somme area and was bought by a collector in France. The blade is pitted but I dont mind as it adds a story.

The markings are A-G Duisburg 712 +

I would like to know the type and varient of this bayonet. Also, the two wood grips on the handle are both different colours. Is this normal? Both look very old but dont know why they are different.

Thanks everyone.

?

Quote by Ell137 View Post
    Hi everyone, me again.

Once again, I'm new to the game so not 100 percent on anything. This was apparently found in the somme area and was bought by a collector in France. The blade is pitted but I dont mind as it adds a story.

The markings are A-G Duisburg 712 +

I would like to know the type and varient of this bayonet. Also, the two wood grips on the handle are both different colours. Is this normal? Both look very old but dont know why they are different.

Thanks everyone.
    pics have been added
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 german bayonet   Ww1 german bayonet  

Ww1 german bayonet   Ww1 german bayonet  

Ww1 german bayonet  

What you have there is a German S 98/05 n.A. pattern, made between 1915 -1918. The maker mark is Deutsche Maschinenfabrik AG, of Duisburg. They also made the "crank handle" trench knives known as the Demag. This bayonet is heavily pitted by rust and some one has given it an acid bath. Possibly one wood grip plate was rotted so it has been replaced.
    The story of where it was found may be unreliable...