Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

Article about: Well, if it is a copy, it is a VERY old copy. The rust on the blade has been there for a long time and the wood is in really bad shape. I guess this would have been a copy during WWII or som

Default Re: WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

Well, if it is a copy, it is a VERY old copy. The rust on the blade has been there for a long time and the wood is in really bad shape. I guess this would have been a copy during WWII or somewhere close to that?? Anyone know how to remove the locking pin part? I need one for the Arisaka bayonet and I think this one will fit. But, I have no idea how to remove the pin....

Default Re: WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

The ecutcheons being oval, means it's an early model.
    Late models use rond ecutcheons
    The third screw or what it may be is a mistery.
    many japaneese rifles and bayonets were confiscated after the war and offered on the surplus marked.
    It is here that i think the bayonets were altered to fit a more common rifle (a mauser).
    Chineese copies are my second guess.
    A rare find in any case.

Jean

?

looks like a training bayonet to me looks original doubt its a fake

?

What you have is a TYPE 30 Japanese training bayonet the number you can read is the serial number 82 if thats what it is I cant see very good in your pic the 199 is unknown what it stands for. The Japanese writing on top is the school mark . I cant read Japanese but it tells you the High school name . It wouldn't fit on your rifle because training bayonets weren't made to regular spec but were made for use with the training rifles at the time. these type of bayonets the steel wasn't hardened but is very soft and will bend easily if yours is bent with your hands your can bend it back .
    The straight cross guard is rare in its self most all are the hook type its made by 2 piece construction also the handle is a little shorter than usual prob made for high school hands very scarce bayonet you have there its worth some money .Dont see any pics of the scabbard could tell me what period in the war its made im guessing its a mid to late war model hope this helps FOBC

Hello I’m no expert but it certainly resembles a an Enfield British bayonet ww1 era, I have one extremely similar I may be wrong and probably am, but it is has the same look

It's not a British P1907. I think FOBC is correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2