Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian M1953 fighting knife

Article about: Let me show you my latest addition, an M1953 JNA fighting knife. I do not have much info about it, what I know that it was made and used by the 63rd paratroopers, and there were few form var

Default Yugoslavian M1953 fighting knife

Let me show you my latest addition, an M1953 JNA fighting knife.
    I do not have much info about it, what I know that it was made and used by the 63rd paratroopers, and there were few form variations.The produced quantity is still a riddle for me.
    On one photo, you can see it together with the Hungarian M1950 knife, I can see an obvious similarity to their form, and manufacturing technique.

PS: If anyone has an authentic leather frog belonging to this knife, let me know, I am interested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife   Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife  

Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife   Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife  

Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife  

SRB
    ?

this is JNA knife M51 (green paint is remove),that is only used

Hello, based on different sources, this knife was used as well,not too many produced, therefore not widely known among collectors, check the article below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslavian M1953  fighting knife  

SRB
    ?

Quote by VocelkaV View Post
    Hello, based on different sources, this knife was used as well,not too many produced, therefore not widely known among collectors, check the article below.
    you were right is used in 63 parachute unit.im think that has not entered into wider use, because im no found anything to him and it could be said that it is very rare.

I collect knives for almost a decade already, but this type was not known for me.
    First I saw it, I thought that it is some private made knife, in fact, it is private made, but in larger quantity to these paratrooper guys.
    The article is saying that M48 frog was used, what is this M48?

SRB
    ?

Exact the frog of m48.yugoslavian army used a weapon (knives) made exclusively in state factories like - Impa Zemun Noževi. This is probably one of the types of knife that was made 50s and 60s like Russian and who has not entered into wider use.i first time see that.

Quote by VocelkaV View Post
    Hello and sorry for resurrecting this thread a bit, but I was hoping if you could tell me from where is this article?
    Thank you!