Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 dated Mk IV

Article about: Morning gents I have had this particular Mk IV it in my collection for some time they are considered for the most part not a very desirable helmet to collectors but I must admit I have a sof

?

Default 1945 dated Mk IV

Morning gents I have had this particular Mk IV it in my collection for some time they are considered for the most part not a very desirable helmet to collectors but I must admit I have a soft spot for them as they represent such a vast period in British military history I currently have three in my collection and I am on the hunt for a 1943-1944 Mk III to have full representation covering 40 years of use by the MOD.
    This particular Mk IV was manufactured by Rubery Owen & Co Ltd Darlaston (RO&CO) and is so dated on the shell,IMO it still has its original factory coat of paint the liner is a 1945 dated Christy & Co (CCL )with lift the dot type liner fasting system and is as well dated to 1945 this helmet has the proper Mk III elasticated chinstrap and is sporting a late war knotted Dark green net It is thought for the most part that they were produced to late to see active war time service.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 dated Mk IV   1945 dated Mk IV  

1945 dated Mk IV   1945 dated Mk IV  

1945 dated Mk IV   1945 dated Mk IV  

1945 dated Mk IV  

?

I really need to get one of these helmets, It displays really well Mark, Nice example! Cheers, Sean.

?

Thanks Sean they are not well loved by the blokes that had to wear them but they are such an Iconic piece of headgear and IMO they have earned there place on the collectors shelf.

Regards Mark

I know they were worn at Normandy Mark - but I always think of these guys when I see a MkIV ....sorry

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images 1945 dated Mk IV 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

a very nice example mark and looks great with the period netting
    Regards James

?

Nicely stamped Mk4, the chin strap is also a Mk4 (brass end) whereas the Mk3 chin strap has not.
    Poly' head is facing the wrong way.

?

Thanks Gents and Arron I did not even notice I put it on polys head the wrong way He must have thought he had a wireless set on and thanks for setting me straight on the chinstrap and for the net it was a little tight but fits rather well

Regards Mark

Nice original Turtle Mark,they always look better with a net on,thanks for sharing..........

?

Thanks Jake I must say I agree with you there I am trying to make a deal on another Mk IV that has the remnants of a desert tan painted on the exterior of the shell if I manage to acquire it I think I will display that one naked as it shows some nice patina.

Regards Mark

Great helmet! I have one just like it but yours is in significantly better condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast