Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft Factory Zuckerman ?

Article about: Picked this up yesterday, appears to be a aircraft factory decal and has interesting markings to the left and right sides,

Default Aircraft Factory Zuckerman ?

Picked this up yesterday, appears to be a aircraft factory decal and has interesting markings to the left and right sides,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft Factory Zuckerman ?   Aircraft Factory Zuckerman ?  

I’ve seen this aircraft badge before somewhere, but can’t recall where. Writing tureen on the helmet appears to be someone’s attempt at humour. An interesting find.

Really interesting helmet/hardhat
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Its definitely an odd one, was it found in the UK?

?

Found the decal, National Aircraft Spotters Club (NASC). Approved for use on helmets 1941. Credit goes to ‘the’ book Helmets of the Home Front, p166.
    It could mean Tureen was the club name.

I think you have a scarce helmet.
    Steve

Thankyou for the replies, yes found in the UK, just read up the details in “the book”, I should have looked there first. I’m still intrigued by the flashes on the sides, white lines and red squares, another one of those mysteries for the time being I guess.
    Regards Gary

The white and red marks remind me of those seen on late war kit bags, a colour coded system to identify units. But your marks don’t quite fit the bill. A mystery, but a nice unusual Zuckerman to come across.