Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.

Article about: Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Default Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.   Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.  

Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.   Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.  

Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.   Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.  

Authentic British mk2 helmet? Does the paint look original? Personally I think it looks too new and clean.  

SMP
    ?

It looks like original paint (non-military) to me.

Oh ok. What type of helmet would this colour of paint indicate?

?

Home front use, smooth khaki green.
    In early 1939 they went over to black for HF use.

SMP
    ?

As tinlid says - early Homefront. ARP, Fire-brigade, AA, Home-guard , etc.

Ah ok thats disappointing. Thank you both though you’ve saved me £200! I’ve only started looking into buying a british mk2 and dont know much about them so thanks for the info.

SMP
    ?

£200 ! That's crazy money.

A genuine army MK2 should only cost you £70-£130 depending on date and condition. £200 would buy a genuine MKI* army helmet - and they are rare !