Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps

Article about: It's almost been a year since my last update on my radio operator display and this one has definitely been worth wait! My old B6 was good to display the 02 mask but lacked the ear cups for a

Default B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps

It's almost been a year since my last update on my radio operator display and this one has definitely been worth wait! My old B6 was good to display the 02 mask but lacked the ear cups for a set of receivers on the side of the head which are necessary for a radio operator. This new B6 as the title states comes with both earcups which will rectify that issue and now I'll have to be on the look for a set of ANB-H-1 receivers. The only downside of this helmet is that 2 leather tabs closing one of the earcups tore, but it should still be able to hold the receiver in. I did have to do some work on the other earcup as the thread holding in the top part of the intact one fell apart. So today I used the original holes made by the airmen (or tailor) in order not to damage the piece and sewed it back up with new thread. Two cool things about this helmet is that you can see the remains of a large USAAF decal on the top, and the back has a series of sewing machine holes that might have once held a nametag. Overall I'm really happy that I was able to get a B6 with all the attachments as they do not pop up often and the leather on it besides that one ear cup is ion good shape. The last pieces I need are the receivers now and AN 6530 or British MKVIII goggles. Thank you for reading!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps   B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps  

B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps   B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps  

B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps   B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps  

B6 Flight Helmet With Ear Cups and Snaps  

MAP
    ?

Great pick up Steve. It has a great look to it! In a few more months you can bring it over
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great job and classy display.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Loving It. I am SOOO happy to see it displayed. Looks fantastic.
    Semper
    Phil