Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Quote by SMP View Post
    Actually it is a British made net( Dobsons and M Browne ). There is an Australian dealer who has a great stock of them still in mint condition
    Interesting. Any chance you would like to let us know who the dealer is? I could certainly use one of two.

?

A few netted helmets on this photo, taken in Arromanches (Normandy), after the D-Day landings.

SMP
    ?

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Interesting. Any chance you would like to let us know who the dealer is? I could certainly use one of two.
    Well it was Bryburn Trading Company, aka "38margate" on Australian ebay, but he has recently stopped listing them after having sold dozens of them the past couple of years. Perhaps he has finally run out. He clearly has access to this sort of surplus because he is the trader currently listing the Wragg and Mushin made nets.

SMP
    ?

Well, I finally have a Mushin net: I can now state that is DOES match the net I believed was Canadian ( except in colour ). The weave pattern depends which side of the net you are looking at. So an Australian net not Canadian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

?

I did not know that so many of the different ones existed? thanks for posting.

SMP
    ?

Currently on Australian e-bay (Thanks to Aaron) No doubt it is a Mushin net !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

On eBay now, how do you think?

?

Original.
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

SMP
    ?

Yeah, that one has been on record for a while now.

Default Last purchase of 2020

Found this net NOT the helmet on FB Marketplace on Christmas Eve. It was on another mk11 helmet but it was the net that grabbed my attention. Had to drive 30 minutes to the seller at 9pm xmas eve as he only wanted £20. So.....

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast