Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British helmet unknown intials help needed

Article about: Hello Could someone please help me with this helmet. I recently purchased more curious to do research on it with the letters BEC. But sadly i have found no information at all can someone hel

Default British helmet unknown intials help needed

Hello

Could someone please help me with this helmet. I recently purchased more curious to do research on it with the letters BEC.
    But sadly i have found no information at all can someone help with this. The helmet has no other maker marks or dates on it.

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet unknown intials help needed   British helmet unknown intials help needed  

The list of possibles is endless....as long as the 3 words start with B, E and C. "C" could be Council...or Company.....or Corporation...it could all be a Factory name (try Graces Guide if you've got a few hours to spare).....or make somat up (most folks do!)....how about Burt and Ernie Company? Best Ever Cars? Big Elephant Container? Bournemouth East Council?....seriously, my money's on it being a Company rather than a role...... good luck!

Lightbulb

i think that this may be Birmingham Engineering Co of Arthur St, Redditch, Worcs. This was a general engineering company making lighting products, gears etc. They were formed in May 1940 and the name still exists but the company itself seems to be dormant......

Martin...do you KNOW it’s that company....or is that just a set of initials that fit pls?...it certainly makes sense but.......

Lightbulb

No, admittedly not 100%. But I did a lot of searching and this was the only company I could find involved with WW2 British war production and using those initials, also located in a high-risk 'blitz' area which would most likely need firewatchers etc,

So yes, it's a 'best guess' on my part - at least until something more definitive is found....

Thanks Martin. I’ve come across a lot of “must-be”s...and a lot of them are right......but I prefer evidence/proof etc.

Thumbs up

Quote by Composite View Post
    Thanks Martin. I’ve come across a lot of “must-be”s...and a lot of them are right......but I prefer evidence/proof etc.
    Agreed.....i carry many of these around in my mind, waiting for the 'Eureka !' moment of finding a definitive answer in a book or magazine article. ( Unfortunately, it sometimes takes years.... )