Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Mk2 N°1 Raw Edge

Article about: Morning all, it is always interesting to find one of these Mk2 N°1 raw edge helmet, made by BMB in 1941; I like this example for its matt khaki green paint and especially for the Mk1 liner a

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I have seen a few with the Mk1 liner in, and had no doubts about them.
    I was not doubting it, merely asking how common this feature was.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very Nice Unmolested example Roberto here is my BMB rimless leading fireman NFS example for WorcesterBritish Mk2 N°1 Raw EdgeBritish Mk2 N°1 Raw Edge

Thanks Friends for your many comments, with a lot of information, and for your very nice examples , actually you notice many differences relatively to the liner, however seems to have been more frequently used the Mk2 version, perhaps the Mk1 liner was used until stocks last with the first productions.
    Looking at our examples, but also others that I've seen, I noticed the different shades of color used by the NFS:
    -dark matt khaki-green: My and Aaron example.
    -gloss khaki green clearer: Jerry and Ade example.
    -semigloss khaki: James example.
    I own this too Mk2 NFS no raw edge, belonged to the Fire Force 32 in Woking, which was camouflaged with a rough color leaving uncovered the decal previously applied, something a little strange, I thought of a use by the intended firefighters teams to oversee military bases or airports and therefore with the needs of camouflage during air raids.

Regards
    Roberto
    British Mk2 N°1 Raw EdgeBritish Mk2 N°1 Raw EdgeBritish Mk2 N°1 Raw Edge

Perhaps it's the photo....but a camo'd NFS helmet?????...really?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Perhaps it's the photo....but a camo'd NFS helmet?????...really?
    It is really true! rough paint is very old but it seems to be brown, this helmet has been repainted before in khaki green used by NFS and on this paint were applied the decals, was later covered in this rough paint; looking well you can see how it has probably been applied by brush but being careful to leave discovered the decals, I got the idea that I described in my previous post, but any suggestion or information is welcome.

Roberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2