Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British MkII Helmet Flash Identification

Article about: Was wonder if anyone might be able to identify the decal on my British MKII helmet from 1938. I do not know if if just general Armored Corps colors, or if it might be a specific unit such as

Default British MkII Helmet Flash Identification

Was wonder if anyone might be able to identify the decal on my British MKII helmet from 1938. I do not know if if just general Armored Corps colors, or if it might be a specific unit such as the Middlesex Regiment. Any info would be appreciated.British MkII Helmet Flash IdentificationBritish MkII Helmet Flash Identification

'can't help you with the badge - sorry...but one of the badge-boys will be along shortly...but it's v shiny isn't it...if there was ever a case for a net this is one..... ;-)

?

Would need to see the inside of the helmet to determine if the helmet is military or not.
    Yellow/red could be Middlesex HG, or Suffolk Regt.

Hopefully these help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkII Helmet Flash Identification  
    Attached Images Attached Images British MkII Helmet Flash Identification  British MkII Helmet Flash Identification  British MkII Helmet Flash Identification 

?

Helmet is an home front private purchase, looks to have been repainted and flash added recently.

What tells you it's a private purchase home front helmet?

Strap lug attachment rivets look like flat heads

?

The rivets on the chin strap lugs, as Ade has mentioned.
    Also I expect the lugs were unpainted before it was repainted at a later date.

SMP
    ?

Nice net, though !

...always with the nets......I’ve missed you