Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

Article about: Hello Ade, Here's a post war Turtle given to me by a friend who found it in a garage. Mk IV 1954, manufactured by CCL. Do you know who CCL were? Cheers, Guy.

Correction* CS Militaria | Shop[10134]/1/

Well, I went 5 pages in and saw no british helmets of any kind so can't say. In any case please don't post links in relation to questions like this.

Firstly, it reduces the chances of an answer because it means people have to trawl through the website to answer your question.

Also the link will become defunct and is therefore no use for reference in the future.

If you want others to consider an item please post pictures of it

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-03-2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well, I went 5 pages in and saw no british helmets of any kind so can't say. In any case please don't post links in relation to questions like this.

Firstly, it reduces the chances of an answer because it means people have to trawl through the website to answer your question.

Also the link will become defunct and is therefore no use for reference in the future.

If you want others to consider an item please post pictures of it

Regards

Mark
    if you scroll down the menu you get ww2 britsh helmets and headress, on page one
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    if you scroll down the menu you get ww2 britsh helmets and headress, on page one
    Thanks Jerry, I was expecting the link to go straight to the item in question so I just looked at the the first 5 pages then lost interest which was my point really

I am always keen to help but find it a bit of a drag to be expected to search through a dealers list before getting to the subject

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

True mate, but some of these dealer sites link only take you to the page, not the item, which *****

Sorry, I tried 2 times to sent the link...
    The link was for the item but lead to the homepage...
    My fault

Quote by jelmer04 View Post
    Sorry, I tried 2 times to sent the link...
    The link was for the item but lead to the homepage...
    My fault
    OK, fair enough and good that you tried to provide pics though I reckon the lack of pics is why you have had no answers to the question.

I have looked at the website and I think the helmet is fine although I would want more detailed pics if I were considering it.

The fact that the liner (seller says) is dated 1940 when these helmets were first manufactured in 1943 and were initially issued in '44 is not a problem as in the first case many were issued without liners to troops already issued with the MkII who just changed the liner from the MkII to the MkIII.

That said, although the helmet looks OK I think it is a bit overpriced.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

Hello guys. I wonder if you could tell if this is an original wartime unmessed MKIII? I am not experienced at all with British helmets though I love the design of these. Of course I did some research myself and what is puzzling me is that the topscrew securing the loner is sticking out a bit. Does this indicate that the liner is a replacement? Perhaps a MKII liner since above the year 1943 I see 11 stamped. Also the bolt securing the topscrew is not in the hexagonal shape I usually see. Is this just a variation?

I am interested in this helmet which would be my first MKIII. I just would appreciate some help to get me in the right direction
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Marcel

British Mk3 combat helmet - Fortitude Militaria

?

The nut and bolt has been replaced by a non official type, but when?
    The strap is the harder to find Mk3A, which looks a bit different than a normal one, and I've never seen a Mk3A on a Mk3 helmet.
    Paint looks original.

Thanks a lot for your expertise. It is much appreciated!!

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast