Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

Article about: Hello Ade, Here's a post war Turtle given to me by a friend who found it in a garage. Mk IV 1954, manufactured by CCL. Do you know who CCL were? Cheers, Guy.

Thanks VERY much for the ROCO information. The gap on this one is *much* wider than on any other I have so I was intrigued. I'm still interested in ideas on the paint, though, as it is quite unlike any one of my other 20-odd 3/4. Compared to the examples you just posted there's no texture at all.

Yes, I know a sensible person would have done this earlier...not 100percent perfect colour match but this gives the idea.

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

?

Post war refurb' olive drab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

?

Post war Irish.
    Fine textured greyish look.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

?

Israel.

That's very interesting. Going by your photos the Irish example is the closest to mine here. I compared it to all the others I have and it certainly stands apart. It seems odd to me that the helmet was obviously painted on raw metal - original as per factory or stripped and repainted? If is *is* Irish (no proof of that other than approximate colour match) would they have stripped and painted, or what?

By the way, I originally bought this, several years ago, as a Belgian Mklll, from yer actual Belgium (giving it some credibility). Has a Belgian liner fitted but that proves nothing. Definately not a Belgian-made shell tho, I found that out pretty soon after unboxing.

Royal Netherlands Army (pics from 1946)
    https://www.nationaalarchief.nl

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

My latest purchase from France- Belgian MK3 clone

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

?

Great pictures, and a not often seen Belgium Mk3.

Liner FFL II 1943 (marking in three places).

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28