MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

British Motor Cyclist's helmets of WWII

Article about: Hi Guys, this is the second pattern helmet introduced for wear by "Don R's" or Motorcycle despatch riders. The first pattern helmet was not steel but was like civvy bike helmets of

And another British Briggs '42

?

Very nice Rene.

Quote by gbalke View Post
    Very nice Rene.
    yours is too Mate

I have this one coming up for sale at work on Friday. Early pattern with fibre rim.

Saw post war use by the Police and then further use by a biker who liked "Matchless" bikes, hence the winged M to the front.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have this one coming up for sale at work on Friday. Early pattern with fibre rim. BMB 1942.

Saw post war use by the Police and then further use by a biker who liked "Matchless" bikes, hence the winged M to the front.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII   British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII  

British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A few words from the 2nd Echelon New Zealanders who came to the UK. Enhancing helmets for a better story goes back at least to 1940 !

?

Mail call today brought my newest piece for my collection of Commonwealth WWII helmets. This is a Canadian Fiber Dispatch Riders Crash Helmet. The leather sweatband is maker marked BS for Backstay Standard, dated 1943 and is size 7 1/8. A clearly marked Canadian C-Broadarrow stamp is on the top of the crown. These photos are courtesy of The Canadian Soldier - Militaria | Home.

British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII
    British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII
    Last edited by gbalke; 09-17-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Default Work in progress

New acquisition - receBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIInt gift from Belgian friend. In need of TLC and just breathing life back into the leather before cleaning the outside. British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII

Default DR helmet

Just posting photos of my BMB DR helmet. Dated 1945, in minty condition. I actually bought this by accident, thinking it was an RAC helmet...Yep, you shouldn't rush into these things. or should you....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII   British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII  

British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII   British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII  

?

Oh my, what a horrible mistake! 😁 Seriously, that is a beautiful DR helmet. I posted one identical to yours, seemingly unissued BMB and dated 1945, on the previous page. Just consider your DR helmet one of your collection.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast