Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British police MKII

Article about: Hello from the other side of the forum friends. Today I want to show my latest acquisition, That being this very nice 1938 British Mark II Brodie helmet marked for the Police. The manufactur

Default British police MKII

Hello from the other side of the forum friends. Today I want to show my latest acquisition, That being this very nice 1938 British Mark II Brodie helmet marked for the Police.
    The manufacturer is HBH and I was told by the seller that this helmet likely partook in the blitz, though this is just a story. I don't typically dabble in western militaria being a Soviet collector however I wanted to grab one of these since I've always really liked the look of them... and I am a huge sucker for helmets. And these British homefront helmets appear to have a great deal in variety and I truly love the look of the lot of them, Tell me what you think and I would also like to see other examples on the forum, I am always open to learning more!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British police MKII   British police MKII  

British police MKII   British police MKII  

British police MKII  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

There’s a lot of Home Front helmets in this Thread (above)

good looking police MKII
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Have a look here for comparison;

WW2 British mk2 Police helmets

The Police in UK have used blue painted military helmets for a long time. It varies by regional police forces but well into the '70s and in some places the '80s.

Today, more modern composite types very similar to open faced motorcycle helmets fitted with a perspex visor are used.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

A very nice example, Spenwil.
    It looks completely honest, well preserved, with no retouching of the paintwork, and a nice early liner.
    Well done!

You buy the item rather than the story. But the item looks fine. Would be even better if it could be named to the owner, but it's a salty original.