Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Campbell Head Cradle.

Article about: Hello gentlemen, spotted this odd-looking liner/helmet on e-bay today described as an 'Antique flying helmet'... Well I'm pretty sure it's not that and have found only one link on the net re

Default Campbell Head Cradle.

Hello gentlemen,

spotted this odd-looking liner/helmet on e-bay today described as an 'Antique flying helmet'...

Well I'm pretty sure it's not that and have found only one link on the net regarding 'Campbell Head Cradle' from an auction house in 1996. It refers to it as a riding helmet. There are no photo's remaining from that sale so it's difficult to judge, but obviously the M1 helmet liner is a not-so-distant cousin and the colour scheme looks military in origin with the khaki neck-flap. I'm baffled..

Campbell Head Cradle.Campbell Head Cradle.Campbell Head Cradle.Campbell Head Cradle.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images Campbell Head Cradle.  Campbell Head Cradle. 
    Last edited by canti44; 11-21-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Photo uploading error.

Default Re: Campbell Head Cradle.

Have no idea why the photo's are uploading on top of each other, they are not doing that in my 'Preview changes'.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Campbell Head Cradle.

Interesting..used the same high pressure style ala us helmet liners.I dont think its military.I have seen a construction workers hat made the same way, you know builders hard hats..exactly the same.