I was gifted this helmet a few years back but today I decided to pull the helmet net off it for the first time and it revealed what looks like a reissue paint? To a lighter green with the darker green that can be seen underneath still, aswell as a number “5” on the front under the green. I tried to research what this was but I couldn’t find any info on it, could it of been wartime reissued from a homefront helmet? Korean War reissued? Navy? Any help would be appreciated on that.

As for the what looks like a old whitewash remaining on the inside, as you can see it was applied with the liner installed as there’s white on the liner pads. The texture of it definitely isn’t a standard paint and where it’s applied thicker it has almost a powdered texture of it. I couldn’t find other examples of whitewash helmets so I’m not 100% this is what it is, but it has a lot of age to it. Any ideas?

Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?Canadian 1942 MKII ex whitewash?