Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car boot find.

Article about: Fakes & others, what I meant was the Irish helmets & the NHSR were often sold as WW2 helmets. The shells are probably, but the paint schemes on them are post war. Pretty sure it was

Default Car boot find.

Picked this up on a car boot on Sunday plus a WW11 magazine so not a bad day. MK.11 NO.2.C. Medics helmet, with a MK.11 liner and MK.11 chin strap. Both liner and helmet made by Briggs motor bodies and dated 1940 and in really good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot find.   Car boot find.  

Attached Images Attached Images Car boot find.  Car boot find. 

Default Re: Car boot find.

Nice one !!! Interior is in good shape

?

Interesting how they did there red cross, have'nt seen it done like that before. Makes collecting home front helmets that more interesting because of the vast array of different paint schemes.
    Aaron

Its one of the big attractions for me with the different markings but with people faking them now its starting to put me off.

?

Sometimes they can be one lookers & you can tell a good helmet from a faked one. But yes they are starting to fake more & more helmets these days, but hopefully with our experiance we won't get caught, much.
    Here's some pics of fakes & others.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot find.   Car boot find.  

Attached Images Attached Images Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find.  Car boot find. 

Nice Find !

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Sometimes they can be one lookers & you can tell a good helmet from a faked one. But yes they are starting to fake more & more helmets these days, but hopefully with our experiance we won't get caught, much.
    Here's some pics of fakes & others.
    Aaron
    Actually, the Zuckerman helmet that is painted yellow with the dropping bombs is a Norwegian civil defence helmet. They are period helmets that were given to/bought by the Norwegian civil defence, then repainted with the logo.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

That's right the zuckerman is WW2 issue but used by the Norwegians post war. One sold on ebay a few months ago saying it was CD bomb disposal, it sold for £200.
    Aaron

?

Hi, I have a similar helmet which I accidentally bought on Ebay. Without the red cross though. The colour is known as 'Tundra Green' and was in theory issued to the auxiliary fire service. Mine doesn't have the red cross and really I wanted a standard British army MkII. But somehow ended up with a homefront fire service helmet. If anyone is interested I might sell it but then again I'm warming to it.

Tinlid, three of the helmets you pictured are definitely not fakes. The two with the red (actually crimson) spearhead on a light green helmet are Irish army, Eastern Command. The grass green one with Wn is an Irish Air Raid Warden helmet. Of the two Irish army helmets bear in mind that these helmets were in service until the 1980s with the reserve. But I do think the repainting only went on until the sixties and probably that was only for the annual Easter parade. The colour is actually the same colour used to paint military vehicles. I remember being at an Easter parade as a very young child and wondering why they were painted in such a peculiar colour. To this day I have never had an answer. The odd thing though was that when I was a serving member of the reserves. I was issued with a Brodie MK 2 painted dark green. That was in 1981.

As we all know, e-bay vendors say more than their prayers, either through malice or ignorance, but did the Civil Defence Corps ever get involved in bomb disposal?

All the bomb disposal guys that I've met were Royal Engineers or Ordnance Corps wallahs, or from RAF Stafford.

I was offered an American Zuckerman for $5 recently but didn't buy it. Can't really see laying out 200 quid for one. I don't even like the things.

Cheers,

Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast