Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET

Article about: Got this SFP ( supplementary fire parties ) marked CPH which in it's own right is quite nice with for me a new type of chin strap that I have'nt seen before on these helmets, but I think I'v

picked up two today, only a quick pick of each for now, both FIRE GUARD, one block leader and the other with the full FIRE GUARD decal, even in poor condition not seen this on a CPH before, only on a MKII, as seen in the book

I will add better daylight pics when I can inc the liners and shell markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET   The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...and 2 different rim styles too....nice

?

E.a.g. 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

?

Helmet maker, K.H 1941
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

?

Liners. E.C.& SON, E&R both 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET   The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET  

?

Denham & Hargrave Ltd liner.

?

Found this today in a curio shop, found this site, and worked out that it is a 1941 M model, produced by AMC.
    It's in a bit of a state, but as it looks original and unmolested, I'll leave it as if is.

The CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMETThe CIVILIAN PROTECTIVE HELMET

Well done. The liner is rough but hey.....an upturned rim (there’s downturned ones and some with a separate rim edge pieces).....welcome to the club!

?

I've just realised, that the liner lace is threaded the wrong way in-out through the holes, as per the instructions in the O.P.

Take it from me, most rules weren’t 100% complied with at the time........ if they had been our book would’ve been a lot thinner!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast