Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.

Article about: I have a Commonwealth steel manufactured mk11 helmet and don't know the difference between the that and the mark 3 I have. Other than the CS stamp and the chin strap bails. Any help would be

?

Well, if its not a sticky on Commonwealth Steel helmets, then delete it. As any technical stuff should be elsewhere.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not this one Jerry. This other one was made a sticky.....

(Basically a thread that visually shows people the steps to upload photos.)

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    MAP, this thread has been made a sticky in the allied helmets section.

The info you provided here is good but as you then added it to a new thread which which is a sticky in the tech section, therefore this thread should not be, or at least not in this section.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

That I didn't know....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Pretty rough on the outside, but after researching the owner, I can live with that.
    Flight sergeant Kenneth Charles Scott, served his Country & traveled half way round the World & died protecting the UK during WW2.
    On 18th of December 1943 while serving with the air fighting development unit from Wittering, his Hurricane 11C LE135 dived into the ground out of cloud at Dunstall Green nr Dalham Suffolk. Presumed loss of control.
    22 year old F/Sgt K.C.Scott RAAF is buried at Cambridge City Cemetry.

Name SCOTT, KENNETH CHARLES

Service Royal Australian Air Force
    Service Number 412848
    Date of Birth 12 Oct 1922
    Place of Birth WALLSEND, NSW
    Date of Enlistment 20 Jul 1941
    Locality on Enlistment Unknown
    Place of Enlistment SYDNEY, NSW
    Next of Kin SCOTT, ROBERT
    Date of Death 18 Dec 1943
    Rank Flight Sergeant
    Posting on Death AIR FIGHTING & DEVEL UNIT
    WW2 Honours and Gallantry None for display
    Prisoner of War No
    Roll of Honour BATHURST NSW
    Not sure why this thread is a sticky, BUT Aaron, the owner of your helmet actually lived about 15 minutes drive from me, so im going to see if i can hunt out some more info for you..Commonwealth steel (Comsteel as its now known in Australia) are based in Newcastle, my father worked there for years. Im going in there soon to try and hunt out all the Helmet records i believe they may still have. Newcastle was a steel city, It had BHP, commonwealth steel, Tubemakers to name a few. Newcastle was shelled in WW2 by a Japanese submarine I-21 in the early hours of 8 June 1942. The bombardment followed the Attack on Sydney Harbour on 31 May, and was conducted shortly after I-24 shelled the eastern suburbs of Sydney, but the sub did not enter the harbour, had it done so it would of been right next to these giant wartime metal producers.

Here is a link to Flight sergeant Kenneth Charles Scott digital records View digital copy and this is him Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.

?

Thank you for all that information.
    Probably 3 months ago a relative contacted me regarding the helmet, Cameron Scott. So it now lives back in Australia where it belongs. They sent me this very photo.

?

Commonwealth Steel Co.Ltd Newcastle N.S.W.
    Who I believe made 2 million steel helmets during ww2, the liner manufactures.
    Dunlop Rubber Co Sydney.
    AIFAXX, Advanced Tyre & Rubber Co Sydney.
    LP Ltd, no information.
    An Australian with a bit of art work on his helmet, Vera.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.  

?

Liner stamps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.   Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.  

Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.   Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.  

?

Senior warden.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.   Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.  

Commonwealth Steel mk11 helmets.  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3