Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Crude MK2 Helmets

Article about: Hi All, My brother picked these up a while back from his local antiques shop and we just came to the conclusion that they were private purchase/civil defence types. He's been hunting for sim

Default Crude MK2 Helmets

Hi All,

My brother picked these up a while back from his local antiques shop and we just came to the conclusion that they were private purchase/civil defence types. He's been hunting for similar types and not come up with any joy, other than a few that are marked as Indian produced.

So I've asked him if I can share them here for people to add their input and reference for others.

Hope you all enjoy, and thanks in advance,
    Matt

*Edit* - Both shells are magnetic and there are no markings anywhere
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crude MK2 Helmets   Crude MK2 Helmets  

Crude MK2 Helmets   Crude MK2 Helmets  

?

There is some similarities and some differences between these and my Indian MkII. My helmet itself looks better constructed and there is differences with the strap connectors (not the sheath but the remains of straps you have). If you want I can take some pictures the next couple days and add them so you can compare.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'd be happy for you to add some photos of your Indian MkII for comparison.

Thanks again,
    Matt

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'd be happy for you to add some photos of your Indian MkII for comparison.

Thanks again,
    Matt
    Sorry the pictures are not the best. With that said I tried to copy yours to some extent so hopefully it will help with id. I took a few measurements, the sheaths are 13mm wide, the strap connectors are 17mm wide. Helmet is magnetic, my liner is shot as you can see, but no marks on the liner or the helmet. If there is anything else you would like measured/pictures feel free to ask, might not be able to get back to you until after Christmas though.

Crude MK2 HelmetsCrude MK2 HelmetsCrude MK2 HelmetsCrude MK2 HelmetsCrude MK2 Helmets