Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.

Article about: Got this off the bay last week,really nice early Warden's Helmet,wanted an early example supporting a mk1 liner.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanks Aaron,your input is always welcomed,am I right in assuming when these Lids left the factory only one "W" was painted on?and i read a post of yours some time ago that the second "W" was added around 1940 sometime?also how did you know the shell maker?thanks as always.
    I wondered that too so took a closer look at pic 4, it's stamped along where the brim meets the bowl.

Tony

Correct and thanks Tony,should have remembered that from before when Aaron identified my F/L Homefront Army Helmet,always stamped to the rear.

?

I guess when they left the factory in khaki green smooth paint pre 1939, & black after, the letters for whatever ARP service would have been added locally.
    & or, by the owner of the helmet.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Correct and thanks Tony,should have remembered that from before when Aaron identified my F/L Homefront Army Helmet,always stamped to the rear.
    And best of all Jake, I've finally managed to remove the liner bolt from my early warden's helmet, gave it a wipe and saw it the same liner maker as your one but couldn't make out the helmet stamp until Aaron identified yours as F & L, another look and yep it's the same so thanks to both of you, for the pics and eagle eyes.

Tony

There you go then Tony,killed 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak..............

Hi all,
    to complete the research i post a British District Warden and a Aussie Warden WW2, i hope it is interesting.

roberto

Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.

Nice lid Jake I will post my one up soon

?

A couple of nice home front helmets Roberto, the Aussie warden has traveled far to get to you.

True!, tinlid
    and are pleased that they have been to your liking.

good evening
    roberto

you have done well there jake its in really good shape i like it especially with the different W typeface front and rear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2