Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Geonautics pasgt helmet

Article about: Hello to everyone, I'm an italian collector and this is my first topic. Some time ago I fond this PASGT helmet made by GEONAUTICS. What do you think abuot?

?

I emailed Geonautics through their website to see if they would give some background on their involvement but haven't had a response yet. Based on their website I think they were more in the production process rather than the ballistic performance or material spec. This would be a logical step to define the spec for anyone contracted to do the manufacturing and explain why there would be little difference between their helmets and the standard mass produced helmet.

If I hear anything back I'll post it here.

Steve

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I emailed Geonautics through their website to see if they would give some background on their involvement but haven't had a response yet. Based on their website I think they were more in the production process rather than the ballistic performance or material spec. This would be a logical step to define the spec for anyone contracted to do the manufacturing and explain why there would be little difference between their helmets and the standard mass produced helmet.
    If you get a useful response it will be quite unusual. I've tried this in the past with other helmet makers and got nothing, even after a lot of painstaking translation into Serbo-Croat or whatever. Still, always a first time...

However - I think the point here is that the helmet presented by mekenry is rather an outlier; in almost every mention I have seen of Geonautics test helmets it is said that they are rarely maker-marked, and if so in ink stamp rather than moulding. And, going by the pictures in the Reynosa books they are all painted - as for example the examples of unattributed test PASGTs here Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets USA helmet, AMERICAN helmets helmet, Kevlar helmet . As far as I can tell the form and substance of the Geonautics helmets was similar to eventual production helmets, but their cosmetic appearance was definately different. Which is why this one is remarkable. (Still waiting for someone with more and better knowledge to prove me wrong on this! I'm not a PASGT collector and all I know is from the web and books.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2