Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC

Article about: Gents I am having a hard time locating any decent detailed images of the head phones and microphone that would have been used with the Early Canadian Second Pattern Tankers Crash Helmet they

?

Oops sorry about that gbalke will be chalking that one up to old age I did find a set of headphones for the HRAC as well..
    I am working this morning so will see about adding a link with more information to British and Canadian radio equipment, headphones and microphones tonight or tomorrow morning as I am away from my home PC..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

?

Thanks for posting these photos Mark. That's exactly what I was looking for. I am buying a Canadian HCRAC helmet complete with the scrum to replace one I sold years ago during a lapse of judgement. Like you I want to add the receivers to complete the display. Looking forward to your future post.

?

Oh nice Mark, what is the model number on the HRAC? I have both a Canadian and a British one that needs a pair someday.

?

To update my previous post, I was able to find a set of headphones for my Canadian HCRAC helmet. This is a set of C.L.R. receivers made by S.G. Brown with both the thin metal and cloth headbands. From what I have read online, the C.L.R. receivers were used early in WW II so are correct for the HCRAC. Unfortunately the set is missing the standard No. 9 phone plug common to these headphones. Any members of the Forum have a spare No. 9 plug they would be willing o part with?

My "new" Canadian HCRAC:
    Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC

The C.L.R. headphones:

The ZA 5624 No. 9 plug I am in need of:

I read that the Canadian Tank Crash Helmets were used until the 1960s. Is there anyway to tell the difference between those made in WWII versus those made in the post war era? Thanks!

?

Slendydrumplay as far as I am aware all of the 12,000 examples that were manufactured where war time produced, They did indeed see post war service in Canada till 1966 though so unless there is direct provenance linking it to the war years and or a soldiers service number written in the interior it will be near impossible to tell when it seen service..

Regards Mark

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4