Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying kevlar helmet please

Article about: I'm trying to identify the following strange (for me) helmet. It is very heavy-2,5 Kgr.- very thick, and has a characteristic round bump at the top. From the weight and the sound that makes,

Default Help identifying kevlar helmet please

I'm trying to identify the following strange (for me) helmet. It is very heavy-2,5 Kgr.- very thick, and has a characteristic round bump at the top. From the weight and the sound that makes, I guess it has iron inside the kevlar material and also from it's blue color I thought it is an old U.S.N. helmet.I couldn't locate it from: Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets USA helmet, AMERICAN helmets helmet, Kevlar helmet.
    Thanks in advance,
    Aghs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying kevlar helmet please   Help identifying kevlar helmet please  

Help identifying kevlar helmet please   Help identifying kevlar helmet please  

Help identifying kevlar helmet please  

Almost looks like a old motorcycle helmet

It’s not US military. I’ve never seen one like this before.

Probably some form of riot police helmet?

It could be a police helmet, however, I am impressed by its weight (I think it is the heaviest helmet I have ever seen) and it seems strange to me the round bump at the top. Inside it has foam protectors pads like the army helmets.
    Thank you for your answer.

I have not seen this before. It looks rather crude and basic in form. I would be inclined to go with previous posters and guess a police helmet (after all blue is a frequent colour for such things) and possibly suggest it is a local product from somwehere other than North america or Europe. The fairly extreme weight might infdicate it is an assault helmet, used for a short period in forcing entry.

It did remind me of the RBR S4 POLICE RIOT HELMET shown here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet - but I do not suggest there is anything other than a vague resemblance!