Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A little more light on the subject

Article about: Spotted in an antique shop down here yesterday. I cant decide if this pair is the ultimate must-have accessory or the ultimate vandalism. A pair of MkIII 'Turtle' helmets welded to heavy sta

?

Default A little more light on the subject

Spotted in an antique shop down here yesterday. I cant decide if this pair is the ultimate must-have accessory or the ultimate vandalism.
    A pair of MkIII 'Turtle' helmets welded to heavy stands and fitted with lights and plugs. No liners. At least they have not been painted. Just under $500AUS (yikes!).
    No connection etc.

A little more light on the subject

Oz.

A shame about the helmets. On the other hand it looks like they did a quality fabrication job in making them into lamps. Probably done as a conuterculture opposition to war statement? Or just cheaply priced surplus items they thought fit the bill (no pun intended). I d love to have that little teather car up on that shelf though! Thanks for sharing! Best regards.

Brian

The right thing to have on your desk if you are a british General... or a member at WRF.. 😆

haha i have seen a some of these down my end of town as well. someone around here must have made a few and put them out for sale.

'nice...over here in the UK they'd be listed on Ebay as:-

"Rare experimental WW2 "Rigid Fitting" helmets - these were tested for use on D-Day - they still have their original stability fitments at the rear and the heavy base plate which would've attached to the '37 pattern webbing set"

and sadly, later, once bought, they'd've appeared again with Malta pattern camo and divisional flashes....oh and nets.... :-)

?

Geelong, do you think they are recently assembled as 'man cave' items?
    Something else that I noticed (off topic) is the sudden appearance with three different vendors, of WWII Japanese uniforms and equipment. Somebodies hoard come up at an auction maybe?

Oz.

i do think they are man cave items.
    all it takes is one to sell for the price that they are asking then bingo they think there sitting on a big ticket item.
    as for the Japanese items i have always seen the tunics down here for sale Dave and Ben in ballarat always have 3 or 4 nocking about. and the odd helmet.
    cant remember if i seen much at the gun and militaria show at ballarat last weekend.
    lots of german helmets and that was about all. there wasent even one good US m1 there. just over priced german helmets .