Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for some British Brodie helmet information

Article about: I recently returned from the UK and I purchased a helmet while I was there. I bought it on a bit of a whim so I didn't do any research. Now of course, I'm looking for some info. in regards t

Quote by Composite View Post
    It's a Home Front helmet...and I'd do nothing with it...other than enjoy it.

The liner will be brittle...but its 70 years old....if you're really going to use it for learning and touched by loads of folk you could "lubricate" the faux leather to make it more supple (some folk use the wax products used to re-wax waxed jackets)...
    It certainly will be seen in a classroom. I have no idea what you meant by "wax products used to re-wax waxed jackets". As for the shell, I basically want to inhibit rust since there seems to be a bit of it on the inside of the helmet.

Also, since it is "sub-standard (ballistically)" would it weigh considerably less than a combat helmet?

Thanks again.

I don't think there would be much in it in terms of weight difference. The Home Front helmets were simply made of an inferior quality of steel, whereas combat helmets used manganese steel.

B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2