Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Looking for some opinions on a odd M1-C variant

Article about: I am rather curious on the replies this M-1 c variant will receive..It was listed as a buy it now on Ebay and it is imo an interesting helmet and liner system so I just pressed the button an

Well, at the death opinions generally aren't worth a damn in most circumstances, especially in this sort of area where we are looking for actual facts. Opinions can be so much hot air - even when they're apparently supported by genuine information they will be dissipated by contact with reality. What I find exciting about this thread is that we started with a mystery, went through some reasonable supposition, and ended up with *even more* of a mystery. That's what proper collecting is all about. I'm really hoping someone will come up with the one or two pieces of information that make sense of it all.

Hello,

the transfer of the helmets to Spain may also have been more or less unofficial.
    Discarded equipment was sold to dealers at auctions, often by weight. Such a wholesaler can then have resold the item. Just speculation.

The whereabouts of the German M56 is largely unclear. Many were scrapped after being damaged, some were given the Red Cross and civil protection and some were prepared for civilian employees / security guards.

The liners were still used as parade helmets and not retired.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3