Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested

Article about: New member here. I am not a helmet collector and know next to nothing about them, other than what I read on-line over the weekend. However, I recently acquired this M-1C which I believe to b

?

Default M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested

New member here. I am not a helmet collector and know next to nothing about them, other than what I read on-line over the weekend. However, I recently acquired this M-1C which I believe to be a 1960’s rebuild with a front seam, swivel bale. I decided to add this to my military collection because it seems to be the same helmet I used at Airborne School in 1979. Provided that I can figure out how to post photos, would you guys take a look at it and tell me if it looks to be a legitimate helmet from this period or put together piece. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested   M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested  

M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested   M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested  

M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested   M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested  

M-1C Helmet - Comments Requested  

Welcome to the forum and I believe you are correct with your research, looks like a refurbished ww2 front seam as you said, the liner looks to be the Vietnam era aswell along with the chinstrap. I’m far from an expert on these myself I’m going off of information I know and the M1 in my collection, others that know these more then me will chime in soon.