Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet,info appreciated.

Article about: Swivel bale steel helmet and fiber liner.Liner has W in circle,shell has numbers inside.Unknown markings on front of shell, mabe old tape?Shell paint and liner paint look original?Late ww2 o

Default M1 helmet,info appreciated.

Swivel bale steel helmet and fiber liner.Liner has W in circle,shell has numbers inside.Unknown markings on front of shell, mabe old tape?Shell paint and liner paint look original?Late ww2 or Korea era?Any help appreciated.Junk shop find,think I gave 15.00 ,been a long time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet,info appreciated.   M1 helmet,info appreciated.  

M1 helmet,info appreciated.   M1 helmet,info appreciated.  

The liner looks WW2 era to me as it isn't using OD7 webbing it is also missing the nape strap, the W means it was made by Westinghouse. I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems the liner has Korea era paint which isn't uncommon. I don't want to comment on the shell since I can't tell if its a euro or USA shell the heat stamp looks like it says H657.

?

Hi
    I agree WW2 Westinghouse liner and looks like a McCord shell with a strange heat lot stamp. The swivel bails and their position are also consistent with a WW2 McCord. Below are some examples of McCord heat lot numbers, compare the font of the 6 and the 7 and you can see the similarity.
    Chris

M1 helmet,info appreciated.M1 helmet,info appreciated.

Thanks guys,appreciate it!Yes I see the same font on numbers,great info!

Look like the lot no is 1165 7. Now i have seen a 1189 7 before, so apperently there are more xxxx+no, not letter a normal. Very intreasting! Even more intreasting is this a stainless steel rim? Should be manganese by this time.