Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M3 Flak Helmet

Article about: Ty does your helmet have the ear pads

?

Default Re: M3 Flak Helmet

Ty does your helmet have the ear pads

Unfortunately it does not I bought the helmet for a very cheap price last year. Other than the pads it is complete helmet with over 95 % paint finish so i am pleased with what i have.

It is difficult to find these with the pads still attached.

rgrds, Tyrone

?

Mine sounds like it is in the same shape as yours Ty . They still look real cool .

Mine looks pretty much like yours Before getting one with pads i may try and get the 4 and 5.

I am Nazi'ed ( 30 yrs. ) out for the moment and am really starting to increase my Allied collection which is a 1-3 cost ratio so that helps considerably when you are trying to grow a collection.

My best, Ty

?

Ty I agree I see so much fake / repro german that it is just not worth the headache. The US items are still somewhat easy to find . Not saying if I see some good german items I wont buy them. Gary

Nice helmet! My kids want's one of these for his collection but he's going to have to stuble on to one at a swap meet or yard sale as with his meager earnings, it will be some time before he can afford eBay prices!

?

Russ keep your eyes open they are out there. Gary

We do Gary, we've stumbled on to some pretty good deals at the least suspecting places. Took my kid to an antique car auction, to look at VW buses and came home with a 80's vintage Tanker Helmet! Go Figure.

?

I hear you I bought a US helicopter helmet from Vietnam era it was in a bar restaurant hanging on the wall. I asked the bartender if it was for sale and he said yes. I traded the helmet and some other things for a 1911 45 a few years back. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Just picked this M3 flak helmet up. I always wanted one they look so cool. This one is in great shape minus the felt ear pads. I would like to replace the pads if anybody has any or knows where to get some please help a brother out. Gary
    Is this what your after Gary? Still in its issue wrapping. http://www.bullfrogvalleymilitaria.c...ory.cfm?SID=20

Down in the bottom half of the page I think.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2