MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Malta helmet camo

Article about: Glad to have been of some help.

Another at the Malta at War Museum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo  

?

Hi Martin
    The helmets I found at Birgu market where just rusty shells,no paint on them at all,not worth buying

Quote by pluto View Post
    Hi Martin
    The helmets I found at Birgu market where just rusty shells,no paint on them at all,not worth buying
    Shame that Joe, maybe next time !

Cheers

?

Hi Gents
    Sorry it's been a while since we've had a chat, Yesterday was the anniversary of some riots here in Malta, in 1958.
    They showed this old footage on tv, I don't know if any of you particularly care, lol , but I found it extremely interesting that the police force were still using rubble wall camo helmets left over from WW2! Check the video out below, they're shown at 14 seconds.

All the best
    Joe

SMP
    ?

Very interesting , Joe. In this country the Police kept their WW2 helmets for years after the war.

BTW, thought it might be nice to post these on here. The photos come from e-bay a while back. The story was a few of these were found having been used by the Malta Home Guard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo   Malta helmet camo  

SMP
    ?

Happy Christmas to me !

SMP
    ?

Mystery writing, and NO, it doesn't say made in Stansted !

?

You've joined the Malta stonewall camo club.
    Any name/service number on the inside of the liner?
    Great find.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    You've joined the Malta stonewall camo club.
    Any name/service number on the inside of the liner?
    Great find.
    Re-joined the club actually. I sold my first one to MC over thirty years ago. It has taken me this long to find another.

No, no name or number that I can see, though I haven't checked under the liner yet. There are small spots of camo on the liner which I like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo   Malta helmet camo  

Malta helmet camo  

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9