Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mk2 BRITISH PARA HELMET

Article about: Hi, Here's some pictures of my webbing chin strap para helmet. Made by BMB, as all the Mk2's were, dated 1944, & a size 6 3/4. Still has the crown pad, & you can see the chalk line,

...any thoughts re that visor question in #9???

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...any thoughts re that visor question in #9???
    I just saw a quick flash of it, he appears to be in a denison smock as well
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

98% sure its got Para straps AND that its a steel para...it defo has a visor. With tomorrow being such a big day I suggest we watch the news again to check it out

Quote by Composite View Post
    Did I just see a MkII steel Para lid on the news (re Bloody Sunday) with a visor attached?.....I’ve slow-mo’d and paused several times and I’m pretty sure it’s not a MkIV ...or the Thetford NI Compo.....
    Yes, you saw correctly. The shape as we know is distinctive. There are not too many images as the visor was somewhat eschewed as a "craphat" thing and after Bloody Sunday Para Regt were not as widely deployed in NI as were other units (not so obvious with there only being three battalions whereas the rest of the army all looked basically the same).

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

...oh sh!t....now there's another bleedin' variant to get!! :-)

But I've discovered a new species!..from this day forth that shall be called the "Compo Visor"....it's mildly exciting isn't it......it's just like the tornado of excitement which rips through Relics every time a new set of non-explained letters are found on a Home Front helmet....well.....errrr.....nearly

One soldier is to be charged, there was insufficient evidence to have any likelihood of getting a conviction for the other 16.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2