Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MkI / MkII helmet storage

Article about: I normally travel a lot for work and the whole COVID thing has me camped out, working from home, for a change. I’ve worked through the guilt backlog of jobs and the family is more than ove

Helmetfalls are a regular occurence around here and have caused some quite painful foot injuries; its quite strange really, some piles *never* move but others wobble and maybe fall whenever a big truck goes by, which as we're on a main road is pretty damned often. The pics I posted were from some years ago - those piles still exist but are distinctly larger now. There are ten piles of varying sizes throughout the house. Not long ago I started counting the helmets, assuming it was somewhere between 250 and 300. When I got to 400 and hadn't finished I got scared and stopped. My database is hopelessly out of date.

I did once experiment - for space reasons - with triple-bagging helmets and keeping them in a rather rundown garden shed. There were condensation issues which caused considerable upset.

.....ah the Bin-bag-extension.....I remember those days......

One has to experiment.....though I have to commend your ability to correctly locate, by sound alone, the site of an “avalanche”......

?

400... I have to tell my wife, all of a sudden she will understand it can be worse than she thinks. I have a self imposed limit of a 100 before I go to one in one out just to keep me engaged with it.

My son suggested I make detailed inventory with photos and descriptions so that if anything should happen to me he can list it all on eBay correctly - good luck finding that many helmet sized boxes.

Just 400?......lightweight!

That's a cool idea, brilliant.

?

The second one finished - all I need now is another one for the green ones.

Upside image for those more interested in the contents

Steve

Stunning. :-)

looks better right way up
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2