Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII helmet, not one for the purists

Article about: I could not resist this 39 dated MKII with home front green paint and fake NFS decals for district 40 Wolverhampton, partly to see what the decals look like in the hand as sooner or later th

Default MKII helmet, not one for the purists

I could not resist this 39 dated MKII with home front green paint and fake NFS decals for district 40 Wolverhampton, partly to see what the decals look like in the hand as sooner or later these will start turning up as originals and also because the shell has very good condition wartime paint, and though it has a post war 1955 dated REM liner it was worth the very cheap buy it now price imo. I might at some stage remove the decals, I assume hot water will take them off and add a wartime liner to it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII helmet, not one for the purists   MKII helmet, not one for the purists  

MKII helmet, not one for the purists   MKII helmet, not one for the purists  

MKII helmet, not one for the purists   MKII helmet, not one for the purists  

MKII helmet, not one for the purists  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

obviously the repro decals would not fool anyone, but then again the sh#t we see in the ebay money maker thread that gets sold...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII helmet, not one for the purists  
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    obviously the repro decals would not fool anyone, but then again the sh#t we see in the ebay money maker thread that gets sold...
    I agree that they are dreadful but as we know only too well they fool enough of the people they are aimed at to make it worthwhile for the fakers

Waterslide decals won't just come off as easily as they went on but they appear not to have been lacquered so hot soapy water and gentle rubbing (you know the score ) should do it.

Great to see someone who knows what he is doing getting something useful out of such corruption It would be good to see it when you return it to how it should be.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Not ALL copies were made/commissioned for fraudulent purposes. I know a great Fire collector who commissioned new NFS transfers for re-enactment and display (having built in a noticeable feature which identifies them as new). Whilst I’m am the worlds biggest pessimist not everyone is on the take.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    Not ALL copies were made/commissioned for fraudulent purposes. I know a great Fire collector who commissioned new NFS transfers for re-enactment and display (having built in a noticeable feature which identifies them as new). Whilst I’m am the worlds biggest pessimist not everyone is on the take.......
    You are quite right Ade but often such a well meant repro ends up with dishonest (or if being generous, stupid) sellers and nothing short of printing "COPY" or "Hey, this isn't real" all over it will save the uneducated from being turned over! So, again, the great cry is "Caveat emptor"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The seller put the decals on for a re-enactment event and said they were copies so no foul there with no attempt to deceive.

What happens to such in 10 years time is another matter, especially with some creative aging, but a serious collector should not be fooled by these. These decals are actually quite expensive to buy and the seller was almost giving the helmet way if you deduct their cost from the buy it now price.
    Regards,

Jerry